Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
my friend Ashliegh a fellow Native American friend of mine gave me this recipe told me it was a very good dish at her rez. I havent yet tried this yet:) but I bet it is very yummy
- 2 lbs lamb or 2 lbs beef or 2 lbs buffalo, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, undrained
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- Brown meat in oil; drain.
- Add onion, water, barbecue sauce and salt.
- Cover; simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in the beans and green peppers; cook 15 minutes or until meat is tender.