1/2 Photos of Pueblana Tinga
1 hr 30 mins
Using leftover roast pork or chicken, this spicy stew can be served over steamed white or brown rice or as sandwiches in warmed,scooped out French rolls or bolillos (Mexican rolls). Add avocado slices, red onion slices and a mild white cheese to garnish either the stew or the sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large ripe tomatoes (2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, each cut into -thirds
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/2 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from the can of chipotle chiles
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lb shredded roast pork or 1 lb shredded roast chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings, for garnish
- 1Put tomatoes on a baking pan and place about 8 inch inches under a preheated broiler until tomato skins turn brownish, about 10 minutes.
- 2Peel the tomatoes, cut in half horizontally and squeeze out seeds.
- 3Place tomatoes in a food processor along with garlic and chipotle chiles. Chop into a coarse puree. Set aside.
- 4Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until softened. Remove and set aside
- 5Using the same skillet, fry the chorizo until well cooked. If the sausage is fatty, drain on paper towels and wipe out skillet.
- 6Return the sausage and onion to skillet and add the tomato-chipotle mixture along with vinegar, sugar, salt, adobo sauce and spices.
- 7Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Add the shredded pork or chicken,and simmer 20 to 25 minutes to blend flavors.
- 9If the mixture seems dry, add 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth or water.
Nutritional Facts for Pueblana Tinga
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10040.6
- Calories from Fat 4584
- Total Fat 509.3 g
- Saturated Fat 100.0 g
- Cholesterol 3782.7 mg
- Sodium 3430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1262.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: