DH got this years ago from a Purina co worker. It sounds divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 800 ml water to boil and add chicken fillets. Simmer till just stiffened. Remove chicken and cover to prevent their drying out. Reserve the resulting chicken stock.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan and fry mole paste till fragrant. In a blender or food processor, combine onion, garlic, tomato, banana and sugar. Add this paste to the mole in the pan. Stir and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- 3Add 3 cups chicken stock, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, till mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. If too thick, add a little more stock. Taste for chili heat: if it's too hot, add extra sugar or blended tomato.
- 4Meanwhile, dry fry sesame seeds in a pan till golden brown and fragrant. Add chicken pieces to the sauce, heat through and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puebla Style Chicken Mole
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 59.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: