Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH got this years ago from a Purina co worker. It sounds divine!
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken fillets (breast or thigh)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons mole
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 banana, small and ripe
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Bring 800 ml water to boil and add chicken fillets. Simmer till just stiffened. Remove chicken and cover to prevent their drying out. Reserve the resulting chicken stock.
- Heat oil in large saucepan and fry mole paste till fragrant. In a blender or food processor, combine onion, garlic, tomato, banana and sugar. Add this paste to the mole in the pan. Stir and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups chicken stock, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, till mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. If too thick, add a little more stock. Taste for chili heat: if it's too hot, add extra sugar or blended tomato.
- Meanwhile, dry fry sesame seeds in a pan till golden brown and fragrant. Add chicken pieces to the sauce, heat through and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.