Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Paneer cooked in a rich gravy flavoured with mint - Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
- 5 -6 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 250 g cottage cheese (paneer, 1/2 inch triangles)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 4 green cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 -4 green chilies (broken)
- 2 medium sized onions (grated)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed paste (khuskhus)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add black cardamoms, green cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns and cinnamon and sauté.
- Add broken green chillies, grated onions and continue to sauté till the onions brown lightly.
- Tie up the mint sprigs together and add to the pan.
- Bruise the leaves lightly, add one and a half cups of water and mix.
- Add poppy seed paste and mix. Add salt and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Let it simmer for three to four minutes.
- Take the mint sprigs out and add the paneer triangles.
- Mix with a light hand and cook for three to four minutes or till the paneer triangles are heated through.
- Add fresh cream and take it off the heat.Serve hot.