Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my most favourite style of eating roti. Its a little heavy but I just love it!
Make and share this Pudina (Mint) Roti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mint, ground to a paste
- water (for kneading)
- ghee (for frying)
- Sift flour and salt.
- Rub ghee evenly.
- Add water& make a stiff dough.
- Add mint paste.
- Mix well.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 parts.
- Shape them with your palm and flatten them.
- Roll each part into a round.
- Place one at a time on a hot griddle.
- Shallow fry with ghee.
- Serve hot with a raita of your choice.
These were really excellent. Having never made rotis before, I really didn't know what to expect - especially with regards to ease of preparation. These were so much easier to prepare than I anticipated - the dough rolled out so smooth and was very easy to work with. The taste was really wonderful too. They have a lovely light brown color with flecks of green from the mint.