Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pudina lovers - Enjoy!
- 150 g fresh mint leaves, discard the stalks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chilies
- 1 1/2 limes, juice of or 1 raw mango, chopped and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash mint leaves and combine all the ingredients in an electric blender.
- Add 1 tbsp water.
- Run mixer at speed at speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- Switch off.
- Push the chutney down with a rubber spatula.
- Again run mixer at speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Empty the paste into a glass bowl.
- Variations: Dahi-Pudina Chutney- Add 2 tbsps of yoghurt to the chutney paste just before serving.
- Lasan-Pudina Chutney- Add 4 cloves of garlic instead of onion while grinding.
Great recipe for combination of flavors, but I've prob that ingredients are listed in ounces (mint) rather than cup measurements. Not every kitchen has a scale!
I'm not a huge mint fan and hesitated before blending a batch of this up. I found out, however, that the balance of mint/mango and lime in this recipe is a fabulous blend of freshness with sweet/sour pizazz. It's great partnered with a coconut chutney. Thank you, Charishma!