- 150 g fresh mint leaves, discard the stalks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 green chilies
- 1 1/2 limes, juice of or 1 raw mango, chopped and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mint leaves and combine all the ingredients in an electric blender.
- Add 1 tbsp water.
- Run mixer at speed at speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- Switch off.
- Push the chutney down with a rubber spatula.
- Again run mixer at speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Empty the paste into a glass bowl.
- Variations: Dahi-Pudina Chutney- Add 2 tbsps of yoghurt to the chutney paste just before serving.
- Lasan-Pudina Chutney- Add 4 cloves of garlic instead of onion while grinding.