Recipe by Katarina Giselle
A delicious Portuguese Recipe. Not too sweet, just perfect with a fantastic creamy texture. A family delicacy!!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 sheets gelatin
- 7 ounces goya maria bolachas
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush Maria Cookies, best if blended to a puree setting.
- Layer the bottom of the serving bowl with about a third of the Cookies.
- Boil about 3 Table Spoons of Water.
- In a small bowl beat Egg Whites until they don't move. (Test by holding bowl upside down, ready if eggs don't fall.).
- In another bowl whip the Heavy Cream.
- In a seperate small bowl place Gelatin and spoon 2 Tablespoons of hot water and mix until Gelatin has liquified.
- Add Egg Whites and Gelatin to the Heavy Cream, then add the Condenced Milk and stir until all is mixed together.
- Pour about half of the cream into the serving bowl and then layer the top with half of the rest of the Cookies. Then add the rest of the cream to the top and layer the rest of the cookies on top.
- Refrigerate until Cold.