Recipe by Chef Cris Mendez
Delicious and not too sweet!
Top Review by robd16
I really enjoyed the flavour of this dessert, but the texture was not as smooth and silky as the milk version (replace orange juice and zest with milk) I used tropicana smooth orange juice. overall a very nice light refreshing pudding with excellent flavour
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 fluid ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup sugar (for the caramel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar in an 8-inch ring mold.Place the mold directly over medium heat.Keep turning the mold until the sugar melts into a golden brown caramel and spoon it up the sides of the mold.
- Combine the condensed milk,orange juice,orange zest, and eggs in a blender. Whip until smooth.Pour this mixture into the mold and place it in the center of the roasting pan with water. Bake the pudim for about one hour (it will depend on your oven).It will turn golden brown on top and start separating from the sides of the mold.Let it cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator, preferrably overnight (at least 6 hours).
- Just before serving, run the tip of a knife around the inside of the mold. place a deep platter over the mold and invert (the pudim should slide out easily).If not, give the mold a firm but careful shake.Spoon the caramel sauce on top and serve.