Recipe by Tish
For camping with your pudgie-pie maker or your at home electric sandwich maker. Yummy
Top Review by Shari2
These were very yummy. They are also simple to make. I left the pecans out for the kids since they don't like nuts. Unfortunately a storm came up and didn't get to try more with the pecans. I will make these again when camping and at home in my sandwich maker. Great recipe, thanks for posting Tish.
- 1 (4 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 4 -6 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 -6 pecan halves, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and divide in half.
- Each section will consist of two triangles.
- Roll out each half into a 5 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Cut in half to make four 5 x 4-inch pieces.
- Place one piece in each side of a buttered cooker.
- Top with half the caramels, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Close the cooker and cook 3-4 minutes over medium coals.
- Pudgie turtles will be golden brown, gooey on the inside, and very rich!
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Electric Sandwich Makers: Follow above instructions, cook just a few minutes in a preheated sandwich or snack maker until turtles are golden brown, and chocolate and caramel are melted.