Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe after I had these wonderful potatoes at her house. It came from Roger Kaplan, Corporate Chef of the Peasant Group, a popular restaurant chain in Atlanta.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- 5 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- Place potatoes, chicken stock, pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil in a large, flat-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer on medium heat, covered, until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle Parmesan over potatoes and mash with a hand masher. Add salt to taste. Stir in basil and serve.