Recipe by ICook4danny&Puddin
Puddin my pekingese loved these. They are simple and fun to make with many different flavor choices. I made them up after not finding a dog treat recipe using all my puppy's ingredients I had around for him. They can be crunchy or semi-soft depending on the time cooked, they will look like peanut butter cookies!
Top Review by Meli-lynne
I made these for all the dogs in my family for Christmas and they all loved them! Even my grandma's extremely fussy shih-tzu couldn't get enough of them. I didn't have baby food so i used 3/4 cup of cooked carrots mashed and added a little water to the dough...they turned out great.I'll definitely have to make them again...thanks!! :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups wheat flour
- 1 (4 ounce) jar baby food (no onion product or corn)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons meat pan drippings or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (or cream of wheat)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 garlic clove (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the pan.
- Mold into 1/2 inch balls then take fork and smush flat.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- Make sure the cookies are cool completely before you feed them to your puppy. Store them in the refrigerator to insure freshness.