Recipe by Metlantis
These were made by a wonderful cook - Ginny Pearl @ my office- delicious!
Top Review by Sweet Irene
I don't know how I skipped rating this recipe that I've made several times over the past year. These cookies are excellent, crisp and have a subtle lemon flavor. They're great plain, but I actually like them better when I glaze them with an icing made of just straight lemon juice, a little lemon extract and powdered sugar, brush on with a pastry brush and allow to dry for about a half hour. The icing gives them a "wow" factor, very lemony. Thanks for posting a really great recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry pudding mix.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in table sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.