Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids will love these.
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix or 1 (4 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix or 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling (sugar free is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 4 cups Kix cereal
- Butter baking pan 9x9x2.
- In large saucepan, heat pudding mix (dry) and corn syrup to boiling over medium heat; stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and blend in peanut butter.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan with the buttered back of a spoon.
- Cool until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
I wanted to make the kids a treat while they enjoyed our first snowfall of the season. These are extremely quick and I love how it uses ingredients I always have on hand. They were really good when we ate them about 30 minutes after making them but a few hours later, they were as hard as rocks. :( I think maybe cutting back on the boiling time, or even omitting it, might help. I added some Christmas sprinkles to the top to give them a festive air. :) Thanks for sharing!