Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are not as low fat as I would like, but are a wonderful way to pamper yourself and others on special occasions. The number of rolls may vary according to how the dough is handled.
- 1 (1 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (can use 2%)
- 1⁄4 lb margarine, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cinnamon
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cook pudding and milk. Add all the margarine minus 2 Tbsp and stir until it is melted. Let cool.
- Mix yeast in warm water, add to cooled pudding with salt.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, beating after each addition.
- Set dough in a warm place and let double in size.
- Spread dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a rectangle shape (not TOO thin). Melt two tbls margarine and spread on dough, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll up like a jellyroll and cut into slices about 1-inch thick. Let rise until double in size.
- Bake in greased cake pans, with sides just touching, for 20-30 minutes at 350°.
- Make glaze by mixing sugar, vanilla and just enough milk to make a thick paste. Spread glaze while rolls are still a bit warm. Make sure the glaze is not too thin or it will melt on the warm rolls.
Those rolls were excellent ! i used caramel pudding mix. They were so good and so easy to make in the bread maker. Next time i'll take a picture, thank you very much ! Alright ! at least a picture, i made them using egg free pastry cream that i make with vanilla pudding, chocolate chips and raisins + rum filling, that's what we call "Chinois" in France, mine is shiny because i use a glaze made with sugar, water and rum, u brush the rolls with this right after the oven. Sorry for my english. Elodie. Thanks again.
MMMMMmmmm! Thanks for posting this great recipe! It made a perfect breakfast. The only change I made was to use Baking Spice - copy cat Pampered chef Cinnamon Plus Baking Spice - Copycat Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Mix for the cinnamon. Oh and I did disolve the yeast in 1/4 cup water as non was mentioned in the ingredients. Great recipe :)