Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
a friend gave me this recipe..she says it is wonderful..have not had a chance to try it myself..but looking forward to..Be sure to get the pudding that needs to be cooked, not instant
- 3 ounces butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Mix butterscotch pudding (not instant) sugar, brown sugar, milk and butter in a heavy 1 1/2 quart pan.
- Cook and stir to a full all over boil.
- Then boil slowly 3-5 minutes.until mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat.stir in pecans.beat until mixture begins to thicken, but still looks shiny.
- Drop tblsful of mixture onto waxed paper to form 3" pralines.
- If mixture thickens and starts to loose its shine, add a few drops of milk before dropping more.
- Let pralines stand till firm.