Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Pinching Your Pennies.
- VANILLA PUDDING MIX
- Mix well all ingredients. Store airtight in cool, dry place. Keeps several months. Makes about 2 cups.
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING MIX
- Add 3/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar to Basic Pudding Mix. Makes about 3 cups
- BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING MIX
- Substitute 2 cups packed dark-brown sugar for granulated sugar in Vanilla Pudding Mix. Makes about 2-2/3 cups packed mix.
- VANILLA PUDDING
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Pudding mix (above) 2 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla
- In saucepan blend well mix and milk. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into 4 custard cups or dessert dishes. Chill. If desired unmold. Delicious topped with pureed strawberries and roasted slivered almonds.
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING: Use 3/4 cup Chocolate Pudding Mix (above) and prepare as above.
- BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING: Use 2/3 cup packed Butterscotch Pudding Mix (above). Prepare as above, adding 2 tablespoons butter with vanilla.
This is a great. I needed a box of pudding for some bread but only had funky flavors. Added this and the bread turned out perfect!
What a great recipe. I put pudding mix in many of the cakes I bake. One day I decided to bake a cake, looked in the pantry, and to my horror there was no pudding mix to be found. That's when I found this recipe. What a lifesaver you are. The recipe works great for chocolate and vanilla (these are the two I always use) and is so much more handy than buying the little boxes at the store. Thanks for sharing!
I made a batch of the chocolate pudding mix and pudding for Recipe #140967. It tastes just like the store bought stuff that I remember, and it's just as easy!