Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
From one of my church cookbooks. This is a delicious cake, and the pudding makes it a very rich treat.
- Drain pineapple. (Reserve juice!).
- Combine 1 package of pudding mix and pineapple juice.
- Set aside.
- Arrange pineapple slices in bottom of 9x13" pan.
- Place walnut and/or cherry halves in center of each ring.
- Pour pudding and pineapple juice mixture over pineapple rings.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Combine cake mix, the other package of instant pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed on electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- Pour over pineapple mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull from sides of pan.
- Do not underbake!
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter and let stand 1 minute.
- Remove pan.
I was going to post this EXACT recipe. I have been making this cake this way for about 20 years!! I finally found the little paper I cut out of a magazine that many years ago and wanted to post it here and to my surprise it was already here word for word!! Thanks, RJ.