Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a heavy saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, sugar, milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 224, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat rapidly for 1 minute. Add pecans; continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paperlined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
It is like rubber.
Can't rate this, does not set or hold shape. Maybe can be thinned out and used as a sauce, but other wise not useable.