1/1 Photo of Pudding-Filled Biscuit Triangle
3 hrs 30 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
Someone requested this recipe (which I remembered from my childhood in Melbourne) and as I was writing it down I also remembered how easy it was to make and how delicious. So I have posted it here for everyone to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g tea biscuits (squarish ones are best)
- 1 (125 g) packet chocolate pudding mix
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (to dip the biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (optional) or 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 250 g dark chocolate couverture
- sliced almonds (to decorate) or chocolate sprinkles (to decorate)
- 1Put a double folded length of aluminium foil on the kitchen bench, around 60 cm.
- 2Dip the biscuits in milk (adding Kahlua or Baileys if you like) and arrange three lengths down the foil to make a fairly long and narrow rectangle.
- 3Beat the chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups milk in a small bowl and whip the cream with the icing sugar in a separate bowl. Carefully spoon the chocolate pudding on the middle length of biscuits and cover it with the whipped cream.
- 4Let the pudding set a little to make it easier to handle as it shouldn't be runny. You might also want to decrease the amount of milk if your pudding doesn't thicken quickly.
- 5Note that you may have a little left over depending on how big the biscuits you used were.
- 6Then carefully lift up the sides of the foil and press gently together to form a triangle. It should be full completely with the mixture.
- 7Melt the couverture in the microwave or in a baine-marie and carefully cover the biscuits with the melted chocolate. Before the chocolate sets sprinkle with sliced almonds or chocolate sprinkles.
- 8Then cover carefully with the sides of the foil when the chocolate has set and keep in the freezer until serving.
- 9Allow the cake to set in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pudding-Filled Biscuit Triangle
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate couverture