Recipe by Audrey M
I got this recipe from Christmas Gifts of Good Taste - Leisure Arts. It is a family favorite.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate Pudding Cookies:
- 1 (4 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Butterscotch Pudding Cookies:
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package almond brickle chips
Lemon Pudding Cookies:
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (10 ounce) packageraspberry-flavored semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and ingredients from one of the variations.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool Store in an airtight container.