Recipe by Mairead Kelly
These cookies melt in your mouth. The pudding makes the texture so smooth and delicious. It's funny, these cookies were originally suppossed to be made with vanilla pudding, but I made a mistake and put in chocolate pudding and they were wonderful! If you're in the mood for chocolate then makes sure to use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla!
Top Review by Kara9080
Not such a fan. Gave it 3 stars cause afterall, they are chocolate chip cookies. However, I will not be making these again. They aren't the cookie texture I was looking for. These are light, airy and fluffy. I like my cookies more dense and heavy. Thanks for posting and sharing anyway
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Then combine margarine, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Then stir in chips (batter will be stiff).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- (it works well to roll dough in ball and slightly flatten).
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.