These cookies melt in your mouth. The pudding makes the texture so smooth and delicious. It's funny, these cookies were originally suppossed to be made with vanilla pudding, but I made a mistake and put in chocolate pudding and they were wonderful! If you're in the mood for chocolate then makes sure to use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Then combine margarine, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Then stir in chips (batter will be stiff).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- (it works well to roll dough in ball and slightly flatten).
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
Not such a fan. Gave it 3 stars cause afterall, they are chocolate chip cookies. However, I will not be making these again. They aren't the cookie texture I was looking for. These are light, airy and fluffy. I like my cookies more dense and heavy. Thanks for posting and sharing anyway
These are a tasty change of pace. They even work well with an egg replacement powder, for those allergic to eggs. Mine came out chewy, not crunchy, like many recipes do.
I love this recipe. Very easy and super delicious! I added a pinch of baking powder and used chocolate pudding with white chips.