Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe I found in my recipe drawer. I haven't made this yet, so times and servings are approx.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- pecans or walnuts, if desired
- Blend dry pudding mix and sugar in a saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, salt and margarine. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils.
- Lower heat and boil 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Beat while hot and until it turns dull.
- Pour into a buttered pan or drop by spoonfuls onto aluminum foil or wax paper.