Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderfully gooey and warm cake. Great served ala'mode.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the 3/4 cup sugar, flour,3 Tbl cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Blend in milk, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and 4 Tbl cocoa in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle in an even layer over top of batter.
- Pour hot water over everything in pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes and serve warm.
This was SO good! Thank you very much for sharing your recipe!
so easy and so tasty. I put less sugar.
This is the best fix when you're craving something chocolatey and warm. It's so easy to make and everyone loves it! Personally, I prefer to eat it with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, but any kind of ice cream is fantastic with it. Thanks for the great recipe.