Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great recipe with lots of yummy lemon flavor - from Cottage Life magazine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients for crust, mixing until crumbly.
- Press firmly into greased 8" (20 cm) square cake pan.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 15- 20 minutes or until light golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk together topping ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool in pan on rack, then cut into squares.
- Makes about 30 squares.