Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet and sour lemon snack cake that will definitely make you pucker up. Quick to make and it travels well! Great served slightly warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 1 (18 ounce) box2 layer size lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl mix cake mix, gelatin, water, eggs and oil.
- Beat on low speed of mixer until combined.
- Beat on high 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding more water if needed to make a thinner glaze for drizzling.
- Spoon glaze over hot cake.
- Let stand until cool or serve slightly warm.
This is a recipe our family has made for years. We love it and it has become the birthday cake of choice for a couple of us!
Wow! Really tangy! I didn't have lemon juice so I used 1/4 c of Mr. and Mrs. T's Sweet and Sour Mix. Thank you!
Laurie, this cake is soooo good and so easy to make too! I added in some fresh lemon juice to the cake to boost the lemon flavor even more, thanks for suggesting this to me, my DH will love this cake! I know this will become a regular in my house!...Kitten:)