8 hrs 45 mins
In 'The Mexican Slow Cooker' by Deborah Schnider
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 roma tomatoes, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, an d diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 ear of corn, husked and cut into 6 wheels (1 inch)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, split in half lengthwise
- 1 small white rose potatoes or 1 small yam, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs lean stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- warm corn tortilla
- 1*To roast tomatoes, line the bottom of a heavy skillet with foil and place over high heat.
- 2Place the whole tomatoes directly on the foil (don't add any oil) and allow them to blacken before turning.
- 3Turn the tomatoes and continue to char on all sides.
- 4In a blender, combine the roasted tomato and garlic and puree until smooth.
- 5Transfer the puree to a 6-quart slow cooker and add all the remaining ingredients, placing the harder vegetables on the bottom and the meat on top.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- 7Turn the cooker to the warm setting and uncover.
- 8Let the soup settle for 15 minutes, then, using a large spoon, skim off as much fat as possible.
- 9Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 10Serve in big bowls, with the tortillas on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puchero De Res (Beef Soup With Corn and Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 2016.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g