Recipe by DeniseBC
I haven't made this (yet), but at Publix grocery stores (FL, GA and SC), they have a feature called Apron's Simple Meals and they provide recipe cards and have a kiosk where they cook a different meal idea each week. I don't live in FL any more, but while I have been down visiting my mom, this was the feature. It tasted very good. The cilantro/jalapeno hummus may not be available everywhere as it was their deli brand, but I'm sure you could use a variation.
Top Review by daisy01213
I made this at my grandchildren's house last Fall from a recipe card that my daughter-in-law picked up at Publix. My grandchildren (3 and 6 yrs. old) both loved it.<br/>The only change I made was searing the chicken on top of the stove just until brown and then letting it finish cooking for 10 min. in the oven @ 350. It was wonderfully juicy and flavorful and the sauce was really great. yummy with rice and steamed carrots.
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons hummus (the recipe calls for cilantro jalapeno variety)
- 1⁄2 cup hummus (the recipe calls for cilantro jalapeno variety)
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat both sides of chicken with hummus (about 1 T. for each cutlet). Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into panko, coating both sides.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 3-4 minutes per side or until 165°F.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup hummus with cilantro, lime juice and water. Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Serve over rice!