Recipe by Rick Young
A really tasty appetizer that always goes over well. Preparation time includes time for marinating.
Top Review by Just Cher
Got to tell you Rick, these little guys are outstanding. Yesterday was a lazy day, hanging by the pool. We decided to grill burgers and try your zucchini fingers- I started the marinade and got side tracked and left the zucchini in the marinade in the fridge for close to 6 hours. Later when I went to make them the zucchini was very limp and I was affraid I had ruined the recipe but much to my delight it just added flavor and still came out crisp & crunchy. Really yummy served with ranch dressing to dip. :0)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini into uniform size pieces suitable for finger food.
- Wash the slices in cold water and dry.
- Mix the garlic, oil, and soy sauce.
- Place the zucchini into the marinade and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from marinade, dredge in the flour, and then dip into the beaten eggs.
- Roll zucchini in the breadcrumbs, making sure that each piece is fully coated with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dip.