Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really tasty appetizer that always goes over well. Preparation time includes time for marinating.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Slice the zucchini into uniform size pieces suitable for finger food.
- Wash the slices in cold water and dry.
- Mix the garlic, oil, and soy sauce.
- Place the zucchini into the marinade and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from marinade, dredge in the flour, and then dip into the beaten eggs.
- Roll zucchini in the breadcrumbs, making sure that each piece is fully coated with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dip.
Got to tell you Rick, these little guys are outstanding. Yesterday was a lazy day, hanging by the pool. We decided to grill burgers and try your zucchini fingers- I started the marinade and got side tracked and left the zucchini in the marinade in the fridge for close to 6 hours. Later when I went to make them the zucchini was very limp and I was affraid I had ruined the recipe but much to my delight it just added flavor and still came out crisp & crunchy. Really yummy served with ranch dressing to dip. :0)
Thank you sooo much for this recipe! I first tried zuchinni sticks at a pub in Victoria many years ago, this recipe is as close to that first one as it could get. The dip we had was a honey mustard dip which was pretty darn yum too, I used a zaar recipe but it wasn't really thick enough (although it was a delicious drssing I will use for salads) so I need to keep searching for that. I was a little piggy and doubled this recipe!
Yummy! This was easy to do and tasted great! I dipped them in Mojo Picon(garlic sauce) and also tryed honey mustard. A treat. Thanks Rick.