Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. All the flavors of a loaded baked potato together in a single hand-held treat, this dish comes together with ingredients already in your pantry or fridge. The perfect choice for feeding a hungry crowd on game day or any day. So fast to make, so delicious to eat, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make this pizza sooner.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb pizza dough (if frozen, defrost according to package directions)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper (to taste)
- Place baking stone on center rack of oven and preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds horizontally and fry until crispy. Remove from skillet and drain well.
- Heat mashed potatoes in a microwave 3 minutes. Stir well.
- Form dough into a large circle about 14-inches across and place on a baking peel (or use a pizza screen or pizza pan). Spoon on prepared mashed potatoes, leaving a ½-inch rim around the edge.
- Top with bacon, cheese, and jalapeños.
- Slide pizza onto the stone and bake 15 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted and just beginning to color.
- Let cool briefly before serving.