1/3 Photos of Pub-Style Onion Rings
I LOVE fried onion rings...and mushrooms, and zucchini, and...and...lol! Here's a no-fail recipe that I came up with that I'm sure you'll like! I LOVE these served with ranch dressing for dipping, burgers and a frosty mug of ice cold beer! CHEERS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour, you can sub regular
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper powder
- 1 large sweet onion, thickly sliced separate rings
- 1In small bowl, beat egg.
- 2Mix in well with whisk, rest of ingredients except onion slices.
- 3Heat oil til pretty hot but not smoking.
- 4Dip onion slices in batter coating well, letting some of the excess dripp off, and carefully drop in hot oil.
- 5When golden brown on underside, flip over with tongs. This should take about 3-4 minutes, less if your oil is hotter. Just eyeball it.
- 6Fry another 3-4 minutes on other side or til golden brown.
- 7Place on paper towels to drain.
- 8Nice addition: Mince very fine 1 jalapeno pepper, fresh or jarred, and add to batter before frying for a nice kick!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pub-Style Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 848.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: