Recipe by ClareVH
There are many cabbage soup recipes posted, but I did not see one quite like this. I adapted this recipe from a recipe in the Los Angeles Times. It was a recipe request for the Lyon's English Grill Cabbage Soup. Since I changed the recipe a little, I changed the name a little :).
Top Review by em...
This was great!!! The next time I make it...I will use the spicy sausage...I added allspice and carrots and celery. If I wasn't watching carbs...rice would definitely make it taste like "stuffed cabbage" thanx for sharing
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cups cocktail vegetable juice (v8)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 -6 cups shredded cabbage
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage into a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add onion and cook just until translucent.
- Remove excess fat if you don't want it.
- Add remaning ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage is very tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.