Recipe by Sackville
This tasty little number is found in pubs in the north of England.
Top Review by VicariouslyVintage
O my gosh! Being a Brit girl, I always anticiapte going to the Brit shoppe an hour and a half away. I tried these quite some time ago and I think it's just about time for another go! THNX for the recipe. YUMMY!!!!!
- 1 large english banger sausage
- 1 large baking potato, baked
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, sauté the sausage until done.
- Remove and then fry the onion rings in any grease from the sausage until golden and soft Gently squeeze the potato to fluff its insides, then cut a slit lengthwise across the potato but do not cut the whole way through.
- Add a bit of butter, using a bit of fork to work it into the potato flesh.
- Gently push the sausage into the potato.
- Top with onion rings and sprinkle with parsley to taste.