Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This tasty little number is found in pubs in the north of England.
- 1 large english banger sausage
- 1 large baking potato, baked
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- minced fresh parsley
- In a frying pan, sauté the sausage until done.
- Remove and then fry the onion rings in any grease from the sausage until golden and soft Gently squeeze the potato to fluff its insides, then cut a slit lengthwise across the potato but do not cut the whole way through.
- Add a bit of butter, using a bit of fork to work it into the potato flesh.
- Gently push the sausage into the potato.
- Top with onion rings and sprinkle with parsley to taste.
O my gosh! Being a Brit girl, I always anticiapte going to the Brit shoppe an hour and a half away. I tried these quite some time ago and I think it's just about time for another go! THNX for the recipe. YUMMY!!!!!
Ohhhhhh!! Bad Bad Bad, Real comfort food. These are wonderfull, we had them for Sunday breakfast, a real special treat!! Used a lovely sweet Spanish onion and spicy bangers, (almost as good as bangers and mash, well maybe even better.) DH had an egg with his and I just slathered the butter in. Brought back good childhood memories. Would love to have these often but I know we will have to wait for special occasions. Thanks for sharing