Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy-to-prepare British condiment that is good with hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, cold cuts, or as an accompaniment to cheese. Use it in any recipe that calls for prepared mustard.
- 2 cups dry mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 ounces strong ale, flat
- Combine mustard, brown sugar, salt and turmeric in blender or food processor and mix well.
- With the machine running, add beer in a slow, steady stream and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- Transfer to jars with tight-fitting lids.
- Store in cool, dark place.
This is good. I can't compare it to any other English pub mustard as I haven't had it before, but I do like the flavor. Had it on a ham and swiss cheese sandwich.