Recipe by A Messy Cook
No more boring roast chicken...this is super simple and super delicious. We always double the recipe for our family of ten, then have leftovers for another day :)
Top Review by Chef Patience
I added rosemary to this, because I like it. DH liked the chicken except for the "long pieces". Lol. I would say that I prefer rotisserie chicken, so next time I'll use the spices and use the rotisserie.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chickens
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken, removed giblets and neck, and trim excess fat; loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine next six ingredients (vinegar through garlic) and rub under loosened skin over meat.
- Pour wine over chicken.
- Roast at 400 degrees for approximately 90 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness; you may want to cover the chicken with foil for the last half hour (make sure you don't overcook it, or the meat will be dry).