Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sauce is a work in progress . . . .
Make and share this Psyced Mom's Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g tomato paste
- 236.59 ml white vinegar
- 1 small yellow onion, chunked
- 1 head garlic
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml ground ginger
- 7.39 ml ground mustard
- 354.88 ml maple syrup (use the real stuff only!)
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- Combine tomato paste, white vinegar, onion, garlic, allspice, cloves, pepper, ginger, and mustard in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a sauce pan and add syrup, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (be careful bringing this up to a simmer, it will boil over very quickly!).
- Stir in cider vinegar.