Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce is a work in progress . . . .
Make and share this Psyced Mom's Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, chunked
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup (use the real stuff only!)
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- Combine tomato paste, white vinegar, onion, garlic, allspice, cloves, pepper, ginger, and mustard in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a sauce pan and add syrup, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (be careful bringing this up to a simmer, it will boil over very quickly!).
- Stir in cider vinegar.