1/1 Photo of Pseudo Italian/german Schnitzel Dinner Sandwich
For this sandwich you may use a large slice of Home Style Bread, A Poor Boy Bun , Sub, mini baquette or no bun at all. I used a single slice of Home made bread and just put everything over it. Change the ingredients to suit your taste. If you want thicker meat patties add 2 oz but you will be surprised at how far 4 oz will go. Cheat and use a ready made schnitzel cut in two.. I served this with Baking Stone Fries. This is like a clean out the veggie bin recipe so use what you have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces pork cutlets or 4 ounces pork steaks or 4 ounces other lean cut pork, pounded very thin
- 8 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs (a little more if needed)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato juice or 1/2 cup Clamato juice or 1/2 cup V8 vegetable juice
- cooking spray, for fry pan
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (Optiona)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 slice fresh tomato, for ganish (optional)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- bread or bun, of your choice
- 1Dip your pounded Pork in the juice of your choice and then into the bread crumbs, pat the crumbs into the meat.
- 2Spray your Non stick Fry pan lightly with oil Brown the pork schnitzels on both sides and remove from the pan.
- 3Spray the pan again lightly with oil Add all the remaining ingredients except cheese& Bread.
- 4Saute until heated through and return Snitzels to the pan, Heat through and serve on toasted bread of your choice or without.
- 5Drizzle cheese on top, garnish with fresh tomatoes and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pseudo Italian/german Schnitzel Dinner Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 639.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g