Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 large onion, 1 cup chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 2 cans small tomato sauce, 8 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons bottled garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- to taste cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil in a soup pot. When the water reaches a rapid boil, add the spaghetti and cook until tender 7 to 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil on high heat just until hot. Using your fingers crumble the ground beef into the skillet. Immediately wash your hands with soap and hot water.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the skillet as you chop.
- Stir the meat occasionally.
- Rinse and seed the pepper and cut ii into 1/4 inch dice. Cook, stirring frequently until the ground beef is finely crumbled and completely browned, about 2 minutes Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the tomato sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- Stir to mix well.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, and continue to cook, stirring from time to time, until the pasta is done. Season with cayenne pepper and slat, to taste if desired.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans, and place in a microwaveable safe bowl.
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave 1 minutes at high or until heated through.
- To serve, divide the spaghetti among 4 serving bowls.
- Top each serving with chili, 1/2 cup kidney beans and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Serve at once.