Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ok, I made up the name but the dish is from my boyfriend who could eat it every day if he wants to. This dish is named so because it's a party of different flavors in your mouth. I like this dish with any type of lemon chicken.
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups water
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 peeled cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until uniform. Stir rice occasionally for about 2 minutes or until rice forms a golden color. Do not leave, rice may burn!
- Add in 3 cups water (or stock) or amount of water indicated on package. Boil for 20 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl. Taste and make adjustments as needed.
- Serve tomato and cucumber salad on top of the rice.