Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Zaar muse hit me over the head with a Le Creuset frying pan and this was my vision. Have you ever know how something would taste without even trying it? OK, I'm odd I guess... I can sometimes. So I share this with you. Let me know what you think. T.J.
- 40 pitted prunes
- 2 cups port wine
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, mashed
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons cognac (optional)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 20 slices best smoked bacon
- Soak the prunes overnight in the port and red wine.
- Saute the chicken livers in a few tablespoons butter until just done.
- Combine with the remaining butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper, grated onion, garlic, eggs, cognac, and parsley.
- Chop finely.
- Stuff the prunes with the pate.
- Wrap with a bit of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- This can all be prepared ahead of time.
- Just before the guess arrive saute until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve to guests.