Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These just sounded so different had to put them here, I think they would be out of this world wrapped in bacon and broiled, or just served with a cold glass of wine.
- 8 ounces dried prunes
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 pint pale sweet sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 6 stalks oregano
- 1⁄4 pint sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 pint olive oil
- soak prunes overnight in orange juice and sherry.
- layer prunes with orange and herbs in jars.
- add soy vinegar and pepper and top up with olive oil.
- keep in fridge for at least 3 days until eating, will keep for up to one month.
Very different! We weren't even really sure what to do with them, but they are too interesting not to try. We ended up making a little after-dinner dish with melba toast and cream cheese. I think they would be even better with an aged cheese such as stilton. The dish definitely does need a sweet sherry. I would use less oregano next time, and more orange slices to make prettier layers. I substituted peppercorns for ground pepper, for the visual effect.