Recipe by evelyn/athens
A lovely, light, fruit dessert to serve when the weather gets cooler.
Top Review by twissis
Every once in a while, your DH surprises you by doing something so totally unpredictable. I'm not sure why, but I was prepared for him not to like this dish much. I was so wrong! I found it a little too sweet, but he devoured it w/gusto! I took a pic, but it doesn't begin to compare w/the 1 you already have. Thx Ev. — Jun 5, 2006
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml grated orange zest
- 340.19 g pitted prunes
- 118.29 ml fresh orange juice
- 118.29 ml port wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients, except the raisins, in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until prunes soften, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Spoon into serving bowl and stir in raisins.
- Let stand atleast 2 hours to blend flavours (can be prepared up to 1 week ahead; refrigerate).
- Serve cool or at room temperature.
- Note: To make these a little more decadent, you could serve in a pretty, fancy glass, with a dollop of greek yoghurt, creme fraiche, or sour cream and a sprinkling of crushed pistachios.