Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very easy and good. Serve as a dessert by itself or spoon over ice cream or a slice of cake. Preparation time is included in the cooking time. Does not include chilling time.
- Mix prunes and sugar and cook together in a double boiler until very prune mix is tender-- mush the prunes so sugar will mix well as the mixture cooks.
- After the prunes are cooked, put mixture into blender and blend well, then cover and refrigerate.
- When prune mixture is thoroughly chilled, fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Cover and return to the refrigerator until needed.
- When ready to serve, put prune mixture into small bowls.
- Whip the cream until it forms peaks, then spoon onto each dish of prune whip and serve.
- Note: you may wish to serve this as a "fool" -- an English dessert -- by folding the whipped cream into the mashed fruit.