Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the 1950's. I used to make it with my Grandma! To be politically correct, prunes are now being called dried plums--but they taste just as good!
- Beat together 3 egg whites with salt.
- Add the 6 Tbsp.
- sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold in the prunes and lemon juice.
- Place in a casserole dish and place the dish in a pan of water.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Custard: Scald the milk in a double boiler.
- Beat together egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
- Add this egg mixture slowly to the milk.
- Continue cooking to thicken.
- Serve the prune whip with the custard on top.