Recipe by Allan Rees-Bevan
This is a favourite from my childhood. My Grandmother used to make this every year for my Grandfather's birthday.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Blend together the puréed prunes and half the caster sugar- blend for about a minute on medium speed.
- Beat together the egg whites, lemon juice and remainder of caster sugar until fluffy and stiff- not quite"peaking".
- Very carefully, fold the beaten egg into the prune purée.
- Bake for about 20- 25 minutes, or until the top is brown and starting to crack.
- Enjoy piping hot with some whipped double cream.