Top Review by meringue mama
I've used this many times in various recipes. Works like a charm. Makes things slightly heavier (as does using applesauce), but that shouldn't deter you from trying it out.
- 3 ounces prunes, pitted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup fruit juice
- 2 teaspoons lecithin granules (can be purchased from health food store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process at high speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Use immediately, or place in an airtight container and store for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Replace all or part of the butter, margarine, or other solid shortening in cake, muffin, and quick bread recipes with half as much Prune Puree. If the recipe calls for oil, replace all or part of the oil with three-fourths as much Prune Puree.