1 hr 15 mins
Plums are traditional in German baking. My mother used to make Zwetschen Kuchen, a plum cake with yeast dough every fall around the Jewish New Year. I loved the Plums, but hated the dough. I used an apple crisp recipe, but substituted plums for the apples
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- 2Pit and quarter the plums.
- 3Sprinkle 1 tablespoon lemon juice over plums.
- 4Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and combine with the plums.
- 5Place in a 9 x 9 inch square cake pan.
- 6Combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt.
- 7Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
- 8Sprinkle over the plums.
- 9Bake until the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbly, about 1 hour.
- 10Serve either warm or cold.
- 11Great with vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prune Plum Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g