Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Plums are traditional in German baking. My mother used to make Zwetschen Kuchen, a plum cake with yeast dough every fall around the Jewish New Year. I loved the Plums, but hated the dough. I used an apple crisp recipe, but substituted plums for the apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Pit and quarter the plums.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon lemon juice over plums.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and combine with the plums.
- Place in a 9 x 9 inch square cake pan.
- Combine flour, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt.
- Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the plums.
- Bake until the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Serve either warm or cold.
- Great with vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt.