Recipe by wife2abadge
Moist and tasty! The prep time includes the time the prunes and oj need to sit.
- 1 cup dried prune, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the prunes, orange rind, and orange juice in a large mixing bowl and stir gently.
- Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a different bowl.
- Add eggs and oil to the prune mixture and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.